Join Variety, the Children’s Charity, between 29 August and 20 September for our first virtual cycle race to help change young lives. Grease up your chain and, from a safe social distance, see how many miles you can clock up along the world’s largest cycle race!
When: The race kicks off on 29 August and will run through to 20 September 2020
Registration fees: £100 for a Corporate Team (up to 8 people), £20 for an Individual Place.
Sponsorship: There is a minimum sponsorship target of £200 per person for this event which we kindly ask you to commit to raising. Please do not let this amount put you off! Variety staff are here to enthuse, inspire and help you reach your fundraising target.
Cover the miles in a way that suits you – indoor, outdoor, solo or as a team, using any kind of bike, stationary or regular. With a total target of 2,091 miles to complete, the challenge is on! How far will you get? Will you complete all the stages and finish triumphantly in Paris, completing the full route of the world’s largest cycle race?
We’ll be with you all the way, and we’re keen to offer you a range of support:
· A dedicated Variety contact who will support you on a one-to-one basis all the way
· A tailored fundraising pack with lots of tips, cycling advice and sponsorship forms
· Support from our amazing social media team to help share your progress with your friends
· Weekly bulletins from Race HQ
· Your own individual or team fundraising page
· A leaderboard to track your own, your team’s or a competitor's performance, integrated with your personal Strava account.
“I would like to say a big thank you to Variety for all your support and making my Paralympian journey possible. Without Variety's assistance, many disabled athletes would struggle to participate in sports. Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully. I hope to do you all proud.' - Kare Adenegan, T34 Elite Paralympic GB Wheelchair Racer
COVID-19 may have slowed us down, but we’re keeping on moving to ensure that Variety can be there for disabled and disadvantaged children for many more years to come.