Step up in memory. Step up in celebration. Or simply step up to find a cure.
Whatever your reason for stepping up, we want you to join us in the walking event for everyone and raise vital funds to help find a cure for primary bone cancer. The Bone Cancer Research Trust is facing a loss of over £680,000 this year due to the cancellation and postponement of many of our challenge events. We need your support now more than ever before.
How it works
52,000 children, teenagers and adults are diagnosed with primary bone cancer each year, worldwide, so we're asking you to get moving at home and during your daily exercise between now and 1st August, to complete either:
- 52,000 steps - that's 1 step for every person diagnosed with bone cancer
- 520,000 steps - that's 10 steps for every person diagnosed with bone cancer
This challenge is for everyone, no matter what your fitness level or ability, so simply decide which challenge is right for you, then set yourself a time frame between now and 1st August to complete your steps. You can make it as challenging as you like, 1 week, 2 weeks, 52 days, 2 months...you just need to have completed your challegne by 1st August to receive your certificate and medal.
You can connect your FitBit to automatically track your steps or upload them manually. You can even intergrate with your Spotify so your friends can make a donation to add a song of their choice to your Step Up playlist.
Everyone that completes the challenge and raises at least £100 per person will receive a well-deserved Step Up For Bone Cancer medal and certificate in the post!
- Select your challenge from the options below and click ‘Use this challenge’.
- If this is your first visit you will need to set up an account or sign in. This take just a few moments.
- You can then name your challenge, choose your URL, add a start & end date for your challenge and choose your team.
- Edit your page by updating your fundraising target, connecting your Fitbit & adding your fundraising story then click ‘Publish’ at the top of the page.
- Your challenge is now live and ready for you to share with your friends and family!
- We encourage all participants to raise at least £100 to help fund our life-saving work
- All participants will receive a certificate. You must raise a minimum of £100 by 1st August 2020 to also receive a Step Up For Bone Cancer medal. Medals will be posted out in August.
- It's up to you how you complete your steps. You could walk, jog, run, hop or even dance your way through them. There's so many ways to keep active at home - use your one outing a day, do a virtual exercise class, make the house work work for you - hoovering counts!
- You must adhere to the Government's advice around COVID-19 and social distancing when completing your steps
- I don't have a FitBit, can I still take part? Absolutely! You can manually add your steps from your preferred step tracker or a written log.
- When do I have to complete the challenge by? The great thing about Step Up For Bone Cancer is that you can set the length of your challenge. 1 week, 2 weeks, 2 months - whatever is challenging for you! To qualify for a medal and certificate your challenge must be complete by 01/08/20.
- Will I have support throughout my challenge? You certainly will! Once you are signed up we will send you a welcome email including a link to our Step Up For Bone Cancer Facebook group where we will share ideas and how-to guides on how to use your page, track steps, increase donations and much more. Plus, you’ll get to share your top tips with your fellow steppers