Ever wanted that feeling of flying free as a bird, with the wind flowing through your hair and the cold air whooshing over your cheeks as you stretch your arms out as far as you can? Now is your chance…
Take to the skies on the wing of a vintage Boeing Stearman biplane for an adrenaline filled experience of a lifetime.
Be bold, be daring, do something different and make a difference to the lives of the animals in our care.
There are two funding options for your thrill of a lifetime;
Wing Walk for Free
If you raise a minimum of £599, you can use a portion of the sponsorship to pay for all or part of the wing walk. This is made up of:
£100 non-refundable deposit to book your wing walk
£299 balance to Wingwalk.buzz or Animals in Distress before your wing walk or bring on the day
£200+ minimum goes to Animals in Distress
Pay the cost of your wing walk yourself which is £399 and fundraise £200 for Animals in Distress.
£100 non-refundable booking fee payable to Wingwalk.buzz is required upon booking.
By taking on this amazing challenge and fundraising for Animals in Distress, you will be helping to provide a safe and loving environment for the animals in our care until they find their new forever home.
For more details and to book your wing walk you can contact our partners at Wingwalk.buzz.
Be sure to let them know that you intend on raising sponsorship for Animals in Distress and discuss your chosen funding option with them.
If you would like to speak to us first you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01803 812121.
- Wing walkers must be under 12 stone 2lbs (77kg) • There is no height restrictions for this experience • Minimum age is 18. There is no upper age limit but over 65’s must have a doctor’s note • You must be able and fit enough to climb up the aircraft to the rig on the top wing (approximately 10 feet)
Terms and conditions
- I understand that this is a challenging activity and comes with a few risk factors. I am aware that Animals in Distress cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident loss, damage or public liability.
- I can confirm that I weigh under 12. 2stone
- I am at least 18 years old. If older than 65 you will require a Doctor’s signature confirming your fitness to participate in this experience. You should receive a medical form to fill out, but in the event it does not arrive, please contact Wingwalk.buzz by emailing email@example.com or calling 01404 890244.
- I understand that the conditions listed below may lead to a dangerous situation with regard to the Wingwalker or to other persons during flying:
Epilepsy, fits, severe head or neck injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes (Type 1), mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction
- I am aware I will be required to climb up the aircraft to the top wing where the Rig is fixed (about 10 feet)
- If you intend to raise all your sponsorship offline you are required to bring with you on the day a personal cheque made payable to Animals in Distress for £200 and the remaining balance of your Wing Walk to be paid to Wingwalk.buzz. Please bring your sponsorship forms with you.
- If you intend to raise all your sponsorship through your online giving page, the cost of your Wing Walk will be covered by Animals in Distress, providing you have raised the minimum sponsorship of £499.
- If you do not raise enough sponsorship to cover the cost of your Wing Walk, you will be liable to pay any shortfall owed to Wingwallk.buzz, otherwise you will not be able to complete your Wing Walk.
- I agree to the use of my name and picture in any broadcasting and print to publicise Animals in Distress. By registering to take part I agree that I have read and accepted the conditions of entry.
Thank you for your support